The Concepts of Palpation in the Morales Method® (1.0 CEU)
Learn how to use the concepts of Directional Resistance and Directional Ease
NOTE: This course has been approved by NCBTMB for 1.0 CEUs. If you are interested in receiving a certificate of completion for this course which includes the 1.0 CEU, please pay here.
One of the most important 'first tools' in learning new techniques is the ability to apply them in your practice.
Before any level of 'technique learning' should take place, we first need to learn how to properly palpate tissue. In this information-packed course, I will show you how to palpate the tissue as we do in the Morales Method®. We highly recommend taking this course as a supplement to any of our online or in-person courses.
In the course, we explore the concepts of Directional Resistance and Directional Ease. We will also expand on that concept and add in Passive Shortening and Passive Lengthening. Finally, we include the concepts of Active Shortening and Active Lengthening.
Although these concepts are nothing new in the Morales Method®, we have compiled them in a manner that is easy to understand and expand on. Years have gone into exploring these concepts so they are easily shared.
Enjoy the learning that comes from employing Morales Method® concepts!
English, Japanese, Thai, and Chinese subtitles are available with this course!
- Certified Advanced Rolfer™, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and BOC approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Core Integration Therapist Program, IASI approved
- Author: Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials here.
StartHow to Watch with Subtitles (0:25)
StartIntroduction to Directional Resistance (7:12)
StartHow Layers Affect Directional Resistance (5:09)
StartWorking the Directional Resistance (4:10)
StartDR Passive Shortening and Lengthening (8:54)
StartDR Active Shortening and Lengthening (3:18)
StartIntroduction to Directional Ease (3:10)
StartDE Passive Shortening and Lengthening (1:37)
StartDE Active Shortening and Lengthening (2:23)
StartApplying the Concepts (2:30)
Frequently Asked Questions
We are so happy to be able to offer you this FREE course to introduce you to the foundational principles of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy and Bodywork. We hope you enjoy the course!