Deep Tissue Body Mechanics (2.0 CEUs)
How to use your body safely and effectively to create deep work
I find body mechanics to be one of the topics that most practitioners take for granted whether they have just entered the field or have been in it for years. I think this is often due to a lack of proper education on their importance and execution. The result of this lack of focus on body mechanics is usually the cause of a career-ending injury to the practitioner. Just a reminder that injury is one of the most common reasons that Massage Therapists leave our field of work. It's important to understand that improper body mechanics makes our work so much harder than it needs to be and that's exactly why I created this course.
In the Morales Method®, we approach body mechanics a little differently than most. To start with, we believe body mechanics is affected by much more than what is happening in the room alone. To even begin to attempt to master body mechanics those influences must be acknowledged and understood. In this course, we will break down these psychological, physiological, and cultural factors and how we can overcome them to create our best work. Then we will move into discussing and demonstrating strategies to exploit gravity and our own bodyweight to safely and effectively work deeply with ease. At the end of this course, you will know how to sit back, relax, and let gravity do its thing as you work!
NOTE: This course is approved by NCBTMB for 2.0 CEUs. Once the course has been completed and a brief quiz is taken, your certificate of completion will be automatically emailed to you.
In this course, you will cover:
- The psychological, physiological, and cultural factors influencing body mechanics
- Exercises to learn how to exploit gravity and your bodyweight
- Strategies and tips for using knuckles, soft fist, elbows, forearms, etc
- Strategies and tips for working seated, working the neck, working from the floor, etc.
At the end of this course, students will know how to tailor their body mechanics to their unique bodies. The intention of this course is not to give rote and specific approaches to working each muscle in the body, but instead to provide the skills and knowledge to adapt and create force with ease in any situation and in any territory on the body.
- Certified Advanced Rolfer™, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and BOC approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Core Integration Therapist Program, IASI approved
- Author: Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials here.
Get started now!
"Used the knowledge from your online course. Made tons of progress gentler. Thanks!"
~J.S., Manual Therapist
StartWorking with a Soft Fist (4:55)
StartWorking with the Knuckles (10:05)
StartWorking with Elbows & Forearm (7:05)
StartWorking with the Fingers (7:17)
StartWorking with the Thenar Eminence & Thumb (6:49)
StartWorking from the Floor (3:39)
StartPicking Up Limbs (2:39)
StartWorking Underneath the Body (5:08)
StartWorking the Neck (8:05)
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't miss out on this opportunity to make your work easier with this one-of-a-kind comprehensive body mechanics course!