The shoulder complex is one of the most sophisticated and complicated joints of the body. Its design allows for the greatest range of motion of any joint in the body via the coordinated activity of numerous muscles working together in set patterns. Understanding how to work this highly mobile and intricate territory with specificity can be a powerful skill to have in your practice.
Because there are so many muscles in the shoulder complex, it's important that your approach to this territory is specific and targeted to the needs of each client. Tailoring your work during each session requires skilled palpation and a proper understanding of body mechanics. Essentially, you must be able to understand the directional tension of the tissue at hand and how to create the proper force in a sustainable way for your own body. In this course, we teach you how to do just that!
NOTE: This course is approved by NCBMTB and the FL State Massage Board (20-915396) for 2.0 CEs. Once the course has been completed, your certificate of completion will be automatically emailed to the email address associated with your teachable account. FL State LMTs, we will need your license number to submit your hours to CE Broker (email us at [email protected] upon course completion).
In this course, you will learn:
- How to use the Morales Method® Concepts of Palpation to create unique deep tissue techniques tailored to the needs of each client
- Proper body mechanics to create deep tissue work without strain
- How to address territories in the shoulder complex including the rotator cuff, the pecs, the rhomboids, latissimus dorsi, and more!
This course also includes a downloadable handout that includes an excerpt from our book, Deep Tissue Bodywork- A New Approach to a Classic Method. In this handout you will get a review of the Morales Method® Concepts of Palpation, an overview of the anatomy of the shoulder, and a review of the techniques taught in the course.
Make sure to click the button below to master deep tissue techniques for the shoulder complex today!
Get started now!
“I just used your techniques on 2 people today! They are pain free. I love the directional resistance techniques with movement. I am hopeful to help people more efficiently using the Morales Method®. Bless your heart for this stuff Marty."
-H.M., Massage Therapist
- Certified Advanced Rolfer®, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and FL State Massage Board (50-31259) approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Academy of Structural Integration
- Author: Deep Tissue Bodywork- A New Approach to a Classic Modality, Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed, and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials from previous students here.
StartHandout- Excerpt from our Deep Tissue Book!
StartUpper Trapezius in Prone & Side-lying (14:53)
StartLevator Scapula (10:22)
StartTriceps Attachment (3:40)
StartSubscapularis in Supine & Side-lying (7:27)
StartTeres Complex in Prone (14:49)
StartTeres Complex in Side-lying (7:16)
StartSerratus Anterior & Latissimus Dorsi (5:55)
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't miss out on your opportunity to learn the tools to create unique deep tissue sessions to address the shoulder complex in detail. Click the button below to enroll now!