Are you tired of doing the same old routine your clients' backs?
The back is a massive territory that can be related to all kind of issues our clients' show up with on our tables. In most basic massage instruction, a routine or a small handful of techniques are taught to address the back. After a while, most boydworkers realize that these routines and techniques aren't quite enough to sustain their practice and they are left looking where to go next to learn how to help their clients. If this is you, you're in the right place!
The Morales Method® has a unique approach to help you curate your sessions based on your client's needs!
By utilizing a foundational concept in the Morales Method®, Directional Resistance, each session can be unique as you respond to the tensional patterns you find in your clients' tissue with this advanced palpation technique presented in this course. You will see how I use multiple tools with varying body mechanics to create a set of techniques that are effective, efficient, and safe for both the client and the practitioner.
In this course you will learn:
- Techniques to work the Low Back, Mid-Back (including inter-costal muscles), and Upper Back (including how the infraspinatus muscle)
- How to use different tools such as soft fist, elbow, knuckles, fingers etc. to work the back with proper body mechanics including a specific focus on proper wrist positioning and knuckle positioning to eliminate straining and optimize body mechanics
- Discussion (throughout the course) on the best positional strategies around the table and how to create force and depth in your work without increasing (and in fact, likely decreasing) your muscular effort
- How to apply Directional Resistance, a foundational concept in the Morales Method®, to create unique sessions for your clients'
- How to navigate working deeply around the bony territories of the back (the ribs, spinous processes, and scapula)
Also included in this course is a PDF copy of Chapters 7-8 (Body Mechanics for Deep Tissue Massage) from my book, "Mastering Body Mechanics"!
- Certified Advanced Rolfer™, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and BOC approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Academy of Structural Integration, IASI approved
- Author: Deep Tissue Bodywork- A New Approach to a Classic Modality, Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed, and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials from previous students here.
Get started now!
"I have been an MT for 10 years and learning from this method has expanded my knowledge and definitely put new tools in my toolbox to better help my clients."
~ S.P., Manual Therapist
StartDeep Tissue for Low Back (15:13)
StartDeep Tissue for the Mid Back (6:40)
StartDeep Tissue for Upper Back (7:52)
StartDeep Tissue for the Back - Alternate View part 1 (11:23)
StartDeep Tissue for the Back - Alternate View part 2 (9:30)
StartDeep Tissue Technique - Soft Fist & Wrist Mechanics (2:13)
StartDeep Tissue - Effective Knuckle Mechanics (3:14)
StartDeep Tissue Body Mechanics from the book, "Mastering Body Mechanics"
Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks for your interest in this course!
I am excited to offer you the opportunity to learn how to effectively and safely perform deep tissue techniques on the back and improve your practice!