Are you tired of doing the same old routine your clients' backs?
The back is a massive territory that can be related to all kind of issues our clients' show up with on our tables. In most basic massage instruction, a routine or a small handful of techniques are taught to address the back.
The Morales Method® has a unique approach to help you curate your sessions based on your client's needs!
By utilizing a foundational concept in the Morales Method®, Directional Resistance, each session can be unique as you respond to the tensional patterns you find in your clients' tissue with this advanced palpation technique presented in this course. You will see how I use multiple tools with varying body mechanics that creates a set of techniques that are effective, efficient, and safe for both the client and the practitioner.
In this course you will learn:
- Techniques to work the Low Back, Mid-Back (including inter-costal muscles), and Upper Back (including how the infraspinatus muscle)
- How to use different tools such as soft fist, elbow, knuckles, fingers etc. to work the back with proper body mechanics including a specific focus on proper wrist positioning and knuckle positioning to eliminate straining and optimize body mechanics
- Discussion (throughout the course) on the best positional strategies around the table
- How to create force and depth in your work without increasing (and in fact, likely decreasing) your muscular effort
- How to apply Directional Resistance, a foundational concept in the Morales Method®, to create unique sessions for your clients'
- How to navigate working deeply around the bony territories of the back (the ribs, spinous processes, and scapula)
Also included in this course is a PDF copy of Chapters 7-8 (Body Mechanics for Deep Tissue Massage) from my book, "Mastering Body Mechanics"!
Get started now!
- Certified Advanced Rolfer™, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and BOC approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Core Integration Therapist Program, IASI approved
- Author: Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials here.
StartDeep Tissue for Low Back (15:13)
StartDeep Tissue for the Mid Back (6:40)
StartDeep Tissue for Upper Back (7:52)
StartDeep Tissue for the Back - Alternate View part 1 (11:23)
StartDeep Tissue for the Back - Alternate View part 2 (9:30)
StartDeep Tissue Technique - Soft Fist & Wrist Mechanics (2:13)
StartDeep Tissue - Effective Knuckle Mechanics (3:14)
StartDeep Tissue Body Mechanics from the book, "Mastering Body Mechanics"
Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks for your interest in this course! I am excited to offer you the opportunity to learn how to effectively and safely perform deep tissue techniques on the back and improve your practice!