Thanks for your interest in this course where you will learn how to effectively and safely perform deep tissue techniques on the back.
In this online course I will show you how to use proper body mechanics to work the low, mid, and upper back.
When I was starting to learn how to work deeply, I was constantly reminded of how to stop, sink, and listen to what the tissue was telling me. Over time I learned to foster the skill of listening and was able to create a modality based on this skill.
And this is what I want to share with you!
Eventually all this became one of the modalities in the Morales Method, Deep Tissue Techniques.
In this course I won't just show you techniques but instead I will walk you through how I feel for the Directional Resistance in the tissue and then how I use multiple tools with varying body mechanics that creates a set of techniques that are effective, efficient, and safe for both the client and the practitioner.
In this course you will learn:
1. Low Back Deep Tissue techniques (with close ups) and a discussion on proper body mechanics
2. Mid-Back Deep Tissue techniques including inter-costal muscles (work between the ribs) and further discussion of body mechanics (stay from strain!)
3. Upper Back Deep Tissue techniques including how to properly work the infraspinatus muscle
4. Proper wrist positioning and knuckle positioning to eliminate straining and optimize body mechanics
5. Alternate viewing angles so you see me work up close and with close up images
6. Discussion (throughout the course) on the best positional strategies around the table|
7. Also included in this course is a PDF copy of Chapters 7-8 (Body Mechanics for Deep Tissue Massage) from my book, "Mastering Body Mechanics"
- Certified Advanced Rolfer™, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and BOC approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Core Integration Therapist Program, IASI approved
- Author: Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials here
StartDeep Tissue for Low Back (15:13)
StartDeep Tissue for the Mid Back (6:40)
StartDeep Tissue for Upper Back (7:52)
StartDeep Tissue for the Back - Alternate View part 1 (11:23)
StartDeep Tissue for the Back - Alternate View part 2 (9:30)
StartDeep Tissue Technique - Soft Fist & Wrist Mechanics (2:13)
StartDeep Tissue - Effective Knuckle Mechanics (3:14)
StartDeep Tissue Body Mechanics from the book, "Mastering Body Mechanics"