Manual Therapy for the Pelvic Floor (2.0 CEUs)
Manual Therapy Techniques to address the Pelvic Floor
Is the pelvic floor the missing piece in your practice?
Training how to work the pelvic floor is something that is often left out in most manual therapy schools. For some reason, this anatomical hub is left to the wayside. As I’ve been thinking about why this is the case, it occurs to me that maybe it is because people haven’t been able to figure out how to access this tissue in a way that both respects the boundaries of the client and also doesn’t exceed our scope of practice.
Working the pelvic floor can profoundly change your practice
In my practice, as I have been experimenting with ways to access the pelvic floor, I have found some amazing benefits from addressing this area. The more familiar I become with working this area, the more I understand it to have been somewhat of a missing link in my practice over the years. I have used this work to help my clients recover from injuries, to address postnatal issues, and to help with incontinence. Knowing how to address the pelvic floor with specificity and confidence can make a huge difference in your practice and this course teaches you just that. You will learn how to safely and effectively access some of the major pelvic floor muscles and be able to incorporate these manual therapy techniques in your practice from this course.
NOTE: This course is approved by NCBTMB for 2.0 CEUs. Once the course has been completed and a brief quiz is taken, your certificate of completion will be automatically emailed to you.
In this course, you will:
- Gain an understanding of basic pelvic floor anatomy
- Learn the benefits of working the pelvic floor
- Learn specific manual therapy techniques to address, externally, the pelvic floor
- Learn which areas of the pelvic floor to work to help clients with pelvic, post-natal, and postural issues
After taking this course, you will be able to tailor your work to the client at hand by utilizing the Concepts of Palpation of the Morales Method® (Free Course included in purchase). You will know how to safely and effectively work some of the major pelvic floor muscles externally. And finally, you will be able to combine the concepts of palpation with knowledge of the specific pelvic floor territories in order to understand how to treat possible pelvic floor dysfunctions in your practice via manual therapy.
- Certified Advanced Rolfer™, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and BOC approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Academy of Structural Integration, IASI approved
- Author: Deep Tissue Bodywork- A New Approach to a Classic Modality, Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed, and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials from previous students here.
“Just completed the 2-hr Pelvic Floor class- absolutely brilliant! I actually clapped for you (and of course Caroline!) at the end! I will be using this information immediately. Thank you so much!”
~K.T. LMT since 1979
Get started now!
StartWorking the Sacrotuberous Ligament (17:04)
StartWorking the Obturator Internus Part 1 (5:58)
StartWorking the Obturator Internus Part 2 (11:14)
StartWorking the Obturator Internus Part 3 (7:08)
StartWorking the Ischial Tuberosity in Supine (10:55)
StartWorking the Coccyx (12:58)
StartWorking the Groin (8:52)
StartWorking the Pubic Bone (7:55)
This purchase includes the Free Concepts of Palpation in the Morales Method® Online Course! Make sure to watch this before taking Pelvic Floor work to learn in detail how we work the tissue using Morales Method® concepts such as Directional Resistance and Directional Ease.
Click below to learn more.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $0
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't miss out on this opportunity to set yourself apart by learning this rarely taught material on manual therapy pelvic floor techniques!