Manual Therapy for the Thoracic Spine and Ribs (2.0 CEUs)
Techniques that take the guesswork out of rib work
Do you want to take the guesswork out of your approach to working with the breath and the ribs?
Working the Thoracic Spine and Ribs in detail can be a bit overwhelming without proper instruction. There are a lot of moving parts and without an understanding of the kinesiology and general anatomy of this area, working here can be sort of a guessing game. This course takes the guesswork out of the approach by showing you straightforward techniques to increase the mobility of the ribcage to allow more space and ease in your clients’ breath.
By working with movement, breath, and the specific manual therapy techniques for the soft tissue you can easily master your approach to this territory. This work can help clients who may be recovering from injuries to the ribs, recovering from a respiratory illness, experiencing pain while breathing or shortness in breath, and so much more. One of my favorite applications is to utilize these techniques to support athletes in their training. Helping them maximize their intake of oxygen can make a big difference in their overall performance.
In this course, you will learn:
- The ideal movements of the thoracic spine and ribs in breathing so that you can understand when dysfunction is occurring in this territory
- How to palpate and recognize ribs stuck in either inhalation or exhalation and rotated vertebra so that you can take the guess work out of your approach
- How to use the Morales Method® Concepts of Palpation to expedite your work and get your clients out of pain faster
- Manual Therapy techniques that apply the knowledge above to bring about greater functionality in the thoracic spine and ribs by working the soft tissue
- Manual Therapy techniques to address the musculature of the territory including pecs, subscapularis, intercostals, supraspinatus, and diaphragm to support your work with the ribs and vertebra
- How to work both on the table or in seated position to give you more options to help your clients take their fullest breaths
These techniques aren’t taught in your average training as a massage therapist. Many MTs think that when we encounter issues with the hard structure like the ribs and thoracic vertebra, that we need to refer out to other practitioners. I’m here to tell you that with the techniques in this course, you can learn how to help your clients using soft tissue manual therapy techniques all while staying within your scope of practice. All you need is the proper instruction available in this course. So, click the button below to register and get started on setting yourself apart from your peers!
NOTES on CEUs: This course is approved by NCBTMB (451212-10) and the FL State Massage Board (20-903102) for 2.0 CEUs. Once the course has been completed and a brief quiz is taken, your certificate of completion will be automatically emailed to you.
Note: This course is a recording of a live online class taught with the intention of demystifying the Thoracic Spine and Ribs for the manual therapy practitioner.
- Certified Advanced Rolfer™, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and FL State Massage Board (50-31259) approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Academy of Structural Integration, IASI approved
- Author: Deep Tissue Bodywork- A New Approach to a Classic Modality, Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed, and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials from previous students here.
Get started now!
"A lot of massage therapists will use the same handful of moves for every client because that's all they know. This [course] not only presents techniques that are probably brand-new to most but more importantly, provides a basis to devise a custom approach for every single client. If you're a bodyworker who likes to know exactly what you're doing and why this purchase will pay off quickly."
~ P.D., MMASI Practitioner
This purchase includes the Free Concepts of Palpation in the Morales Method® Online Course! Make sure to watch this before taking Pelvic Floor work to learn in detail how we work the tissue using Morales Method® concepts such as Directional Resistance and Directional Ease.
Click below to learn more.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $0
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't miss out on your opportunity to set yourself apart from your competition by learning information that is rarely taught to manual therapists with such focus and detail. Click the button below to register and start learning these valuable techniques.