Deep Tissue Techniques for Legs
including proper body mechanics in prone, supine, and side-lying
If you ever thought...
"I do good work, I know how to work on the legs, but I'm not seeing the results I'm hoping for in my clients."
"I feel my body mechanics could be better"
"How can I do effective deep tissue work without over exerting myself?"
I used to think the exact same way
It's difficult to know what techniques work. It's also difficult to resolve really challenging issues just based on the techniques we learned in basic training
Have you noticed? Doing the same techniques over and over again just isn't resolving those challenging issues.
No matter how good you are, no matter how hard you work, you need to develop these top skills:
You must learn how to employ effective body mechanics
I can't stress this enough. If you're doing rote strokes and not listening to how your body behaves under those strokes, doing it over and over won't work.
Sooner or later every practitioner comes to the same conclusion:
There's gotta be ANOTHER WAY to do it
I know this because after 15 years in private practice, I have had to adapt and figure out different way of working the legs on many different clients.Every time I work on a client's legs, I have to figure out:
- What is going on in their tissue (this requires skillful palpation)
- How to work that tissue effectively and with best possible body mechanics
Over the years, I've had the honor of helping thousands of people and they in turn have helped me gained expert skills.
The one thing I've seen over and over that can crush an otherwise strong practice is the lack of skillful palpation
It really gets me when I see a great practitioner fail to be effective when all they needed were some specific palpation skills and body mechanics knowledge. This is exactly why I put together this online course, just for you, to help you succeed!
This course introduces the manual therapist (Massage Therapist, Physical Therapist, Osteopath, Chiropractor, Athletic Trainer) to advanced techniques for the legs in order to help clients get expert manual therapy and allow the practitioner to work SMART, not HARD.
What you'll learn in this course:
- Techniques to work the feet, lower leg, and upper leg in supine and prone, as well as techniques to work the medial leg and IT band in side-lying
- Techniques to work the rarely addressed back of the knee!
- Contraindications for working in the legs
- How to use different tools like knuckles, fingers, elbows, and more with proper body mechanics
- How to work the feet with tools other than your thumbs to save your hands
- Body mechanics to help you work deeply and safely for both you and your client
- How to create a unique session for your client based on your application of Directional Resistance, a concept foundational to the Morales Method®
Get started now!
- Certified Advanced Rolfer™, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and BOC approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Core Integration Therapist Program, IASI approved
- Author: Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials here.
PreviewChapter 1 - Introduction and Posterior Lower Leg techniques (12:07)
StartChapter 2 - Feet techniques in prone position (5:43)
StartChapter 3 - Lower Leg techniques in supine position (9:34)
StartChapter 4 - Feet techniques in supine position (12:44)
StartChapter 5 - Back of knee deep tissue techniques (8:17)
StartChapter 6 - Quadriceps deep tissue techniques in supine position (10:30)
StartChapter 7 - Medial Leg techniques in side-lying position (8:36)
StartChapter 8 - IT Band techniques in side-lying position (19:11)
StartChapter 9 - Deep tissue techniques for hamstrings in prone position (14:51)
StartChapter 10 - Closing (2:39)
Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks for your interest in this course! I am excited to offer you the opportunity to learn how to effectively and safely perform deep tissue techniques on the legs and improve your practice! Without exaggeration, what you're about to learn has helped hundreds of practitioners all over the world help hundreds of people.
There's no other online course that is as information-packed and results focused that can help you help your clients.